Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Havasupai

Well I did it-I set a goal and I did it. After school let out we did Havasupai with the Milletts, Mom, Micah, and Luc and Trell. I'm glad I did it-but I'm glad I don't have to do it again. It was very beautiful down at the bottom. But the water was cold! BRRRR! I couldn't have done it without Dave, he is my rock. My feet haven't hurt that much since the Grand Canyon. I'm the first on to admit I was feeling a little grumpy. I was nervous!

Some things got misplaced from my pack before we started, a racoon got into our pack, there was this terrible little bridge to cross every time I wanted to go into camp, my pack was heavy-and Dave got stung by a scorpion during the night so we just packed up and left at 3am. However, the water was bright blue, everything was green, it was good to step out of my mom role for a couple days, and I loved being with my family and especially Dave. I think my favorite part of the whole trip was when Dave and I hiked out by ourselves. Then we went to eat and watch a movie in Flagstaff. I just love him.






I was nervous about going down Mooney Falls after the reviews of others. So I said a little prayer in my heart that I would stay calm and be able to do this thing I had set out to do. Dave and I left before my family which was good, and there was a continuous line that wouldn't allow one to just go on down, it was stop and go. When we got into line there was an older man and his son behind us. We told him to cut in front of us because we were going to be slow. He was insisted to stay behind us and assured me that taking my time would be fine. I was just so glad to have Dave in front of me and this man behind me. He was so kind and helped me along the way. Answers to little prayers.

Dave loved every minute. I told him he can come back again with William. I think the only way I would go down again is if I didn't have to pack and pack.

No comments: